SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- Shortness of Breath or difficulty breathing
- Cough that is NOT related to seasonal allergies
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
- Gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea)
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, then we ask that you give our office a call and reschedule your appointment.
WHAT IS LOWMAN FAMILY DENTAL DOING TO KEEP ME SAFE DURING MY VISIT?
Lowman Family Dental has always had the highest of standards when it comes to infection control. In addition to our normal protocol, we are taking several additional measures to insure the safety of our patients during this time. These include:
- Daily staff screening, including taking temperature readings
- Patient screening on the phone and before patient is admitted to the office
- Increased PPE (personal protective equipment) worn by team members
- Sanitizing all surfaces and equipment (including pens/electronic pads) after patient encounters
- Installation of Novaerus air purification systems
- Keeping the number of patients in the office at a minimum
- Temporarily discontinuing the use of our reception area (except in the case of parents/guardians of minors)
- Temporarily removing newspapers, magazines and children's toys
WHAT CHANGES CAN I EXPECT DURING MY DENTAL VISIT
Many things have remained the same at Lowman Family Dental. Our skilled and well-trained staff is still here to provide you with outstanding and compassionate care and service. Here are some things that you will find us doing differently.
- We ask that you arrive 10 minutes early to allow time for the check-in process
- When you arrive for your appointment, we are asking that you remain in your car and give our office a call. When we have determined that it is time for you to enter the office, one of our team members will come to the front door and motion you to come in.
- After entering, you will be provided with sanitizer to clean your hands. You will complete a COVID-19 screening, as well as have your temperature taken.
- Once screening is complete you will be escorted directly to your treatment room where you will meet with your provider.
- You will see that your provider will be wearing some new gear. They will have an N95 mask, surgical mask, and a face shield. They will still have their same great personality 🙂
- After your appointment is complete, you will be escorted to the front desk to check out.
WHAT IF I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE COMING TO MY APPOINTMENT QUITE YET?
We know that all of us are in different situations with relation to this pandemic. We feel that our office is safe and sanitary and we are doing everything we can to keep COVID-19 from entering our office. However, if you are not comfortable coming to our office at this time we understand. Please give us a call and we can reschedule your appointment.
DO I NEED TO WEAR A MASK WHEN I COME TO THE OFFICE?
We are encouraging our patients to wear a mask.